|2013 Girls' Competition|
Dear Parents and Participants,
Congratulations to all participants who have qualified for the Finals for the 8th Annual Hifz, Naazira, and Qira’atul Qur’an Competition! Insha-Allah, the Girls’ Competition will take place on March 2nd 2013 and will commence at 11:00 am.
Please note the following important instructions:
--> Participants Registration: You need to arrive on time for registration. Below is the schedule regarding the time and place of your registration.
--> Dress Code: All participants are expected to strictly follow the dress code of a black Abaya along with a white head scarf. No exceptions will be made for those who do not adhere to the dress code.
--> Competition Format: Once the participant has been seated, she will select a sealed question and the Questioner will read the 1st ayah of the Surah/Question for the participant. Please note that the participants in the Naazira category will not be permitted to use their own Qur’an. A copy will be provided for them.
--> Marking Criteria:
- ½ mark will be deducted if the recitation is not fluent.
- 1 mark will be deducted for correcting one’s own mistake after being informed by the ringing of the bell.
- 2 marks will be deducted if the Questioner has to correct the mistake.
- 1 mark will be deducted for lahne-khafi.
- 2 marks will be deducted for lahne-jali.
--> Food/Refreshments: Arrangements have been made for a canteen where meals and refreshments can be purchased at a nominal price.
--> Bazaar: We will also be housing vendor stalls for items like books/clothing/miscellaneous so please plan accordingly if you are interested in purchasing such items.
--> Key information for attending sisters:
- Attendance of the event is for Sisters only.
- No photography or video/audio recording is permitted during the event.
- Sisters with accompanying children under 6 years of age will be seated in the Cafeteria (and not in the Gym) to minimize disruption to participants. There will be live-feed of the program in the Cafeteria so that women with children may also enjoy the program.
- While attending the program, please put your cell phone in silent mode and refrain from talking.
--> Awards Ceremony:
- The Awards Ceremony will take place at the end of the program.
- Awards will be distributed to the top 3 winners in each category.
- All those who participate in the Finals will be awarded a plaque for their participation.
An event such as the Hifz, Naazira, and Qira’atul Qur’an Competition relies on the generosity of our sponsors and donors. We humbly request that you donate generously for this event.
May Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala reward you abundantly for your efforts. Please spread the word to friends and family to share in the barakah!