-- Listening to tapes or CD's of professional reciters and attempting to imitate them is an effective method to beautify one's tajweed and recitation.
- Competitors must bear in mind that they are not competing for any worldly benefit but only for the pleasure of Allah (SWT).
- Participants must memorize all the surah required for the competition (with their names) thoroughly and with correct Tajweed.
- Judges will be testing Hifz, Tajweed, proper Waqf (stop), and Lehja (tone).
-- The following websites may be helpful in preparing for the Competition and/or the Pre-Test
- For additional help, it is always good to practice with a good reciter or Qari so you can correct your mistakes.
- One must put in extra effort in correcting previous mistakes in order to not repeat them.
- While reciting, one must raise his /her voice and read confidently and clearly.
-- The pace of recitation must neither be fast nor slow; it should be at a medium speed.